I practice as a Humanistic and Integrative Counsellor, Psychotherapist and clinical Supervisor drawing from a number of different approaches. I work collaboratively with clients using talk therapy which may be augmented with mindfulness, movement or art, depending on the clients needs and preferences. I may also include elements of Hakomi which is a mindfulness based experiential method of assisted self-discovery. I also provide one-to-one clinical Supervision.
Following 15 years experience of studying and practicing various embodied movement practices, I qualified as an Open Floor movement therapist and teacher with Open Floor International. I offer one-to-one movement sessions as well as facilitating Open Floor Movement Practice classes and workshops.
I run classes and workshops in Mindfulness and Loving Kindness (Metta) Meditation, Relaxation and Stress Management - classes open to the general public as well as customised events for organisations.
Professional Training & Qualifications:
- M.Sc. in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy from Dublin City University and Turning Point Training Institute (TPTI) in Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
- Diploma in Supervision from Dublin Counselling & Therapy Centre, Gardiner Street, Dublin.
- Qualified as an Open Floor Movement Practice Therapist and Teacher with Open Floor International.
- Certified in completing the 3 years training in the 'refined' method of Hakomi, as well as additional training with the late Ron Kurtz, the founder of Hakomi.
- Professional Certificate in Art Therapy Skills and extensive experience and trainings in Movement Meditation practices and Dance and Movement.
I am an accredited member of the following associations and adhere to their codes of ethics:
- Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP)
- Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy (IAHIP)
- Registered with the Irish Council of Psychotherapy (ICP).
I am also accredited as a Supervisor with the Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP)
Prior Professional Background:
I had over 20 years of managment experience working in the financial services sector before choosing to follow my passion and set up my own counselling, psychotherapy and movement practice.
Previous Work Locations:
Before moving to Monkstown Clinic my counselling and psychotherapy practice was in the Summerhill Clinic in Sandycove and in Adelaide Street, Dun Laoghaire, south county Dublin.
From 2002 to 2006 I worked as a volunteer counsellor in the Living Life Counselling Centre in Bray, Co. Wicklow and Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin.
My Nurture Body & Mind Meditation & Relaxation classes were previously held in Dalkey, south county Dublin.